The most complete how to video on dutch bucket systems. Call them hydroponic grow buckets, grow buckets, American buckets or anything you want, they really work great. Where to get everything you need. How to put them together. The tools needed. It is all covered in this video. Called the best and most complete video on dutch bucket systems. Subscribe to this channel for many more great instructional videos.
Please wear a mask when pouring perlite. I find the dust is very heavy. Be careful, Sir. I wish you health
Link to grommets 🙏
Very good 😊 and super
Why do you need the tube on the side can’t you just leave the whole
Thank you for this video
run the drill saw backwards on plastic and its cut smooth, no burs.
it would be nice to know what size pump he used
Would like to see the plants in stalled
how much perlite does it take to fill all 10 buckets?
Thanks for sharing this video bro.
could you grow grapes in a dutch bucket system?
This is a really nice way to diy these systems. I love the idea with the rubber grommet, as it is reducing cost. I also like the nets you put into the buckets, although I could not find any of these to buy. For what it's worth, I'd like to share some different approaches I took in my dutch bucket system, which I personally like:
- Fix the supply line to the wood, not the buckets. It makes it easy to swap out buckets. If you put the supply line on the same side as the drain pipe, you can just stick the drip emitter into the pipe.
- Use standard irrigation tubing with the little thingies that you can poke a hole into your supply line. Much faster & cheap.
- The small 4mm (1/8") micro tubing is sufficient. This will also reduce your problems on longer lines.
- I use drip emitters with a little stake, so the line does not fall out on accident and drain your entire reservoir onto the ground.
- I use 60/40 coco choir / perlite. That's preference, 100% perlite will word. There are up- and downsides, depending on your crop.
- You did not mention your timer settings. I set my timer on 15 min for four times a day.
- Finally, for a commercial grow I'd use bato buckets. They are not that expensive and the time savings are worth the extra buck per bucket.
Thanks for the video!!
Thank you ❤️
So what happened to the 1/2 inch sch 40 pipe ? Lacing that tubing thru all the bucket handles makes it impossible to remove one bucket without unlacing the tubing. You will have algae and wind problems with the perlite if you don't use lids on the buckets. Windy day and greenhouse door suddenly opens, perlite dust storm. Your stand is also not very stable.
Just found your channel. I love your personality! New subbie here!💚🌿🪴🌱
Question ☝️ how do you stop the vegetables from tasting like the solution?
I did a hydroponic system with herbs and cherry tomatoes. I noticed the cherry tomatoes tasted just like the feed solution I added in the water. How do you weed that away from the ripened tomatoes, but still have others growing?
Hunted for hours For 1 person to explain How to do 5 dwc WOW thank you !!! What kit?